Sunday, April 24, 2011

When the going gets tough...

Taken right after the HARDEST workout thus far. I puked in my mouth at least 5 different times…I guess I'm too proud to just puke during a workout.

During my workout today, I kept asking myself, "when is this going to get any easier?" I pushed and pushed. I cried a little during (yes during) my dive bomb push up set, threw up in my mouth multiple times, and raced to catch my breath the entire hour and a half of my workout! I finally came to the following conclusion: 

The workouts shouldn't get easier. If they are, then you aren't working hard enough! 

It's true! Every workout that I've done has gotten harder and harder. Sets get larger, distances get longer, and endurance…well…you get the idea! So what keeps me motivated? Well, lots! My team, my pride, my dogs, my heroes. I'm motivated by a lot! I have the support of so many, and I want to not only make myself proud, I want to make everyone else proud as well. What motivates you?

I watched my team play the BEST BOUT I've EVER seen them play last night…and I'm more inspired than ever before to be the best athlete I can be for my team:) Stay tuned for the first "Derby Inspired by….DERBY!" interview! It's going to be a doozy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment