Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Alter Alter Ego...

...Meet Black Metal Facebreaker, #0510.

She runs hills 3 times a week, cross trains 2 times a week, and skates her roller derby tail off. She's a fierce beast on the track. Her nature is quiet and mysterious and her ice cold stare is as dark as the polar Norwegian night (which...okay, really isn't very dark...but it's cold!)


Basically, she's working hard to be a bad ass. This is the season of the Black Metal Facebreaker!

This is my alter ego's alter ego. My alter alter ego.

I've been working pretty hard. I'm starting to see some results. I'm learning things about myself that I don't think I fully realized before. When I train like this, and have a clear goal in mind, I feel strong and healthy. I feel like I'm beaming. I have more energy.

My diet? Well, basically the alcohol is VERY limited. Like, almost none. This week was a little difficult, as I shared a Cowhorn Syrah from Applegate Valley with Cory, and then we had a team event at work (at which I wasn't going to drink, but then the social aspect kicked in). Other than that, I don't really think about drinking much. Instead I find myself getting excited about a Saturday night run and workout. What  a beefcake...

I would like to get a grasp on will power. How others can just do something or NOT do something is beyond me. Two weeks straight of doing something (or NOT doing something) is about my max. However, this go around I've done quite well. I'm 3 weeks in to my training schedule and haven't skipped a beat. It's nice too because I'm starting to see physical improvements. Cory even said something the other day and today. Said my stomach was getting flatter and my shoulders are more defined. How exciting! I can't wait to see results on the track and even further, in my mental game.

Speaking of, All Star try outs are coming up in a week or so. I'm nervous! I think I need to start spending a bit more time on my skates. I'm going out for the All Star team again. I realize this is where I thrive. This is where I learn the most. Playing against people I don't see every day is one of the most rewarding things about derby. I love the aw struck feeling of lining up against one of your heroes and succeeding against them! It's the best! Or when they challenge you and you get frustrated but keep pushing and then after they compliment you on it? Oh man! I can't wait. I'm going up against some tough competition in the try out, but I believe in myself and my strength. I think my alter alter ego is really going to help. She's fearless and let's NOTHING get in her head:)


No comments:

Post a Comment