Sunday, March 10, 2013

Practicing the Art of Chillism

I think people are mistaking my wanting to be alone and zen for being depressed. I'm not. I'm not depressed. I'm just TIRED. I just want to chill! Today I practiced the art of chillism. I rearranged my living room a little, cooked a delicious breakfast (or…brunch for that matter) and washed some bed sheets. It felt great. Tonight I'm going to cook something delicious, enjoy a glass of pinot, and watch Ghost Busters (or something of that nature). It feels good to just relax.

I also did a boxing workout! It was super fun! I followed this video on youtube: 


It consisted of 8 rounds of 20 second uppercut tabatas (10 seconds rest in between each set), 3 sets of 20 burbees on the minute, 3 rounds of combo punching sets, and one 4 min simulation round followed by 100 bicycle crunches, 60 regular crunches, and 30 push ups. 

I want to learn the punching combos. They were hard (especially since I don't really quite have the grasp on what a proper uppercut looks like). I like what he says at the end about sparring, and how 3 times a week isn't enough when you're competing. This holds true for any sport that you're competing in. 3 times a week isn't good for derby. I can do better. I need to stay sharp on my derby skills too. I can easily do this at home too if I just take at least 30 minutes on the days I don't have practice to fine tune my skills. 

I think more boxing workouts are in order though. This one was fun and challenging! 

As far as my food intake today, I did pretty well (for the most part). I have a sweet tooth so fighting against chocolate and soda is really hard. But for breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, onion, tomato and peppers with 3 pieces of bacon and an orange. For lunch I had a smoothie with two handfuls of spinach, 1 banana, 1 kiwi, and a handful of frozen blueberries and a couple tbsp of coconut milk, and then I went a little off on the deep end and ate half a toblerone and had a glass of soda. I still have dinner though. I think I'm going to look up a carrot soup recipe. Last night I had chili lime miso glazed collard greens and beets with chili lime miso glazed sockeye salmon. DELISH.

Today I feel good. I feel strong and positive. I feel relaxed and happy. I hope I can keep the feeling up tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment