Thursday, March 14, 2013

Restless Rest Day

Today was initially supposed to be a run day, but I swapped today's run for tomorrow's rest day (so that tomorrow I would run and today I would rest). This was a great idea for the first few hours after I got off work. It allowed me to get a good solid nap in. But once I woke up, I was grumpy and restless. I asked Cory if he would go on a skate with me, but he was too busy watching basketball. I sat and watched with him for a bit…but couldn't sit still. I really struggle with the concept of relaxing. 

I decided to buck up and go on a night skate alone. And you know what? It was fun! Relaxing and meditative. I'm glad I did it. When I got home I did my 30 push ups and 60 sit ups. I also made my coworkers drop and do 10 pushups with me earlier today!

Now I'm tired, and am ready to dream of skating. I'll most likely skate to work tomorrow instead of ride…who knows.





No comments:

Post a Comment